Friday, September 19, 2008

In the sheets.


Turn into the driveway

Parked between 2 white lines.

Stereo still on.Waiting for you to arrive.


Car door opens greeting the cold.

Lungs filled with ice.

TipTap shoes climbing up concrete steps.

Long hallways with cheap green carpet.

"I can never seem to get the door open"

"It's cause you don't have magic fingers"

Set my bag down on the floor.Kick off my shoes.

You turn on the tv.Sit down on the bed.


Ontop of the covers,I press your arms into the matress.

"Go ahead and trrry to beat me.You know you're not strong enough"

"Well,you DO have a good 70 pounds on me.This battle is already unfair."

"Then yooooou should have never challeged me to a wrestling match."

"I like a challenge."

"Do you?"



Under the covers.Your body keeps me warm.

Pulled me close to you.

Head on your chest.

Blue light from the TV illuminates the walls and our skin.



I want to remember you this way.

Reaching out for me.Pulling me close.


The way your arms felt around me.


Waking up in the morning next to your bed head hair.

How my skin felt soft in your tshirt.


Before these moments became memories.

Denials.

Before somehow that part of you got left behind.

Lost in the sheets.


No comments: